(January 19 – February 2 or February 9)
Entry Fee: First two weeks FREE; $25 thereafter / $15 Franconia Alumni
Three to Four accomplished writers will join the Writers Residency program at Franconia Sculpture Park in 2022. Writers span a range of arts-focused disciplines and will receive a stipend, full room & board, and a two to a three-week residency at the 50-acre outdoor sculpture park. The writers-in-residence in this program will immerse themselves in the new environment and embrace the time and space to move forward in their work.
Winter is an ideal time at the park for writers to find focus, solitude, and quiet away from familiar day-to-day distractions. Snow covers the landscape, bringing stillness and contemplation instead of the bustling of Franconia’s summer months.
Franconia Sculpture Park is adjusting to and conceiving new ways to support a collaborative artist environment during the COVID-19 pandemic when so many artists have lost personal and professional opportunities to thrive. In the spirit of our mission to support artists with our wide, open spaces (50-acres of trails, prairie, and sculpture park), Franconia has been able to safely resume its residency programs since June 2020 with strict sanitation and social-distancing protocols.
- Be 21+ years of age, showing a strong professional working history.
- Stay for two or three weeks.
- Curators, poets, songwriters, playwrights, writers (fiction or nonfiction), artists centered on contemporary cultural arts and theory, academics on sabbatical, etc. are considered.
- Small collaborative groups of two may apply and must combine shared professional experience into one resume with both artists listed.
- International artists may apply.
- Franconia Alumni are welcome to apply.
- Artists interested in other residency opportunities will need to submit a separate application and accompanying application fee.