4RM+ULA, as part of the Riverview Corridor team, seeks to hire up to three artists with experience using artistic and creative means to build relationships and engage communities. The selected artists will work as part of a team alongside lead project artists, planners, engineers, architects, and designers. Together, the team will engage the community in consensus building around the locally preferred alternate for a modern streetcar. The artists will also help build relationships with the neighborhood residents, local businesses and organizations along the 12-mile stretch of the Riverview Corridor. This opportunity is a part-time independent contractor position, funded through 2023.
Applications are due by 7 p.m. CDT on Sunday, April 25, 2021.
Selected artists will:
- Work within the Artist Engagement Team, alongside lead project artists, planners, engineers, architects, and designers to build relationships with neighborhood residents, local businesses and organizations who care about the future of the Riverview Corridor.
- Develop and use arts-based tools to find out more about neighborhood residents’ opinions, hopes, and dreams for the Riverview Corridor
- Act as a liaison between the community and the team.
DESIRED ASSETS, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
Selected artists should have:
- Familiarity with the communities along the Riverview Corridor including time spent living and/or working in the area.
- Experience designing arts-based activities for community engagement. This may include experience in a variety of mediums such as drawing/painting, photography, writing, etc.
- Comfort representing the project team at community events.
Because of the rich cultural diversity along the corridor, artists with multilingual communication skills and connections or experiences with marginalized and underrepresented communities are particularly encouraged to apply.
The selected artists will receive an average stipend of up to $4,000 per year. The exact amount will depend on how many artists are hired. There is a separate budget for supply and material costs for community engagement. Please note that some of the work will take place during the evenings, weekends, and warmer months.
To apply please complete the interest form for 4RM+ULA. If you have questions, please contact 4RM+ULA at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: Community Engagement Artist – Question.